Article 2 No Constitution - Module 2

The research article was an incredibly long, but rewarding, piece of work. All the homework leading up to the assignment was super tough too, but I took a lot of the feedback from the instructors directly into writing the paper! 

Second, I ended up reading a lot of the material through online journals like Cell, Science, NCBI, and others to get a good idea of what this article would look like in real life. To somewhat pick the brain of other scientists, how would other people present results from an SMM screen? How would their molecules look? Would they present one representative molecule or the whole list of binders? What would they propose to be done to the small molecules identified? Does the screen even mean anything significant by itself without confirmation? And a bunch of things that were important in writing the paper from a scientist's side. 

The most useful resource was for sure using the BE Comm Lab. I feel like going to the Comm Lab was super helpful and their perspective helped me distinguish between the elements of writing a professional manuscript versus aspects of the writing that are required for class. I also enjoyed having another set of eyes be able to read the work as I wrote it, so I can be sure I turned in a pretty polished final product. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and the effort I put into the paper. 


- Brian W. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When do you stop rewriting?

Abstracting an Abstract

The Art of Science - Module 1